Research at the Department of Astronomy
Research in astronomy and astrophysics at the department is both observational and theoretical, and ranges from nearby objects like the Sun to the most distant galaxies. There is also a strong interest in astronomical instrumentation. Research areas.
In our research seminars, current research from all areas of astronomy and astrophysics is presented. You can read more about our seminar programme and see the list of upcoming seminar speakers in our seminar pages.
December 14, 2011
Page editor: Hannes Jensen
- New findings on coronal heating 2014-10-17
- Astronomers find largest star in our home galaxy's largest stellar nursery 2014-08-28
- Flash spectroscopy of a supernova reveals its progenitor star 2014-05-22
- Prospects brighten for solving cosmic reionization puzzle 2013-11-18
- Large grant for supernova research 2013-10-03